DeVry University is seeking Industry Professionals with a Master's degree to share their knowledge and experience as an Adjunct Faculty member to teach day, evening and/or Saturday practitioner-based programs in various instructional areas.
Faculty are responsible for facilitating student learning by delivering educational courses and programs in accordance with DeVry University requirements.
Faculty develop course syllabi and lesson plans and apply teaching techniques to best achieve course and programmatic objectives.
All DeVry instructors will participate in a comprehensive faculty training program and ongoing faculty development activities to ensure the highest quality instruction.
- Develops and provides students with an approved DeVry University syllabus that follows a template established by the local campus, and which includes the terminal course objectives.
- Organizes, prepares, and regularly revises and update all course materials.
- Uses appropriate technological options for online technologies and course-related software, including Websites, e-mail, and online discussions for preparing the course and making it accessible to students.
- Models effective oral and written communications that engage the students, provide clarity, and improve student learning.
- Sets clear expectations for the course by publishing course terminal objectives, assignment/examinations dates, and weight the distribution of various evaluation categories.
- Ensures that the content and level of material included on exams correspond to the course terminal objectives.
- Demonstrates consistency and fairness in the preparation and grading of exams and provide timely feedback to students.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pay: Visiting Professor pay is based on degree, credit hours taught per 8-week session, and location.