The Solutions Analyst is responsible for working in and supporting complex cloud applications, including Salesforce, Docusign, Five9, Initiate and other cloud applications. This position provides direct tier 3 support of these applications, and requires interaction with many constituencies to resolve business problems and fulfill requests. The person works closely with IT application and support teams, as well as institution subject matter experts to build knowledge, develop new capabilities, and ensure timely resolution of issues and requests. Individual will partner with business owners to deliver technology solutions. Individual will also partner with other members of the IT Organization to develop process improvements that result in more streamlined and effective project processes. Position requires excellent oral/written skills, strong analytical capabilities, and the ability to discuss technical issues or capabilities with non-technical audiences.
- Executes by applying appropriate methodology and tools to manage all aspects of assigned projects throughout project lifecycle.
- Ensures all project deliverables and outcomes are implemented on time, on budget, and within scope to meet the expectations of the project sponsor and owner.
- Employs proper management in the areas of project scope, schedule/time, finance, quality, resource, communication, risk, and procurement for successful project outcomes.
- Develops recommendations, action plans and necessary documentation following the approved project methodology.
- Develops business requirements by interviewing Subject Matter Experts, gains an understanding of the technology that will be used to provide the solution and documents requirements
- Develops Functional Specifications and Designs as needed.
- Works with assigned technical resources to develop and document technical specifications.
- Works with Solution Manager to ensure Training and Communication plans are developed.
- Works with business sponsors to ensure that appropriate approvals are gathered at appropriate tollgates.
- Monitor reported issues and requests with production applications. Performs trouble-shooting, resolution and communication of reported issues to the individuals.
- Maintain Salesforce knowledgebase and content library with reliable information to improve support capabilities, expedite resolution, and ensure a good student or colleague support experience.
- Establish and execute defined procedures for complex data loads and transformations into production environments.
- Train individual end users on proper procedures or system steps that ensure correct execution of work tasks and data integrity.
- Work with tier 1 and tier 1.5 support teams to find opportunities and educate them on procedures to drive timely, accurate first contact resolution.
- Provide input to identify opportunities for automated tasks and steps that could expedite ticket resolution or elimination through the use of automation tools.
- As assigned, take on other special projects or assignments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and in accordance with our core values. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in business, technology or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Information Technology working with cloud applications, preferably Salesforce.
- Salesforce certifications a plus, including Salesforce Admin/Advanced Admin, Sales and Service cloud consultant, and Developer/Advance Developer certifications
- Experience with enterprise projects and working with cross functional teams.
- Experience with Salesforce managed and unmanaged packages.
- 2 - 3 years as a Business and/or Business Systems Analyst a plus
- Demonstrated experience with business processes and prior use of a project management system.
- Jira experience a plus
- Prior experience in a software or technology Organization; higher education or academic technology experience a strong plus.
- Experience with integrations and troubleshooting defects.
- Experience working in a software or technology organization; higher education or academic technology experience preferred.
- Experience supporting projects of medium levels of complexity.
- Experience working in an environment which follows a structured development process.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn new information quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and evolving technical environment.
- Ability to work with both technical and non-technical team members.