Our mission as DeVry University faculty members is to facilitate dynamic learning environments that foster intellectual curiosity, academic integrity, and critical thinking skills, preparing our students to become lifelong learners and leaders in their chosen career fields and communities.
- DeVry University faculty are dedicated to their students and exhibit exceptional student CARE.
- DeVry University faculty are proficient in all learning modalities and fully embrace DeVry University's Academic Philosophy and Instructional Model.
- Our faculty are role models for our University TEACH values and foster a culture of CARE consistent with our University mission, vision, and purpose.
- Excellent delivery of courses (42 - 47 credit hours) across any/all modalities including onsite Chicagoland Locations.
- Supports the DeVry University Advantage Academy (DUAA) Chicago Lawrence Campus, a dual-enrollment program in partnership with Chicago Public Schools (CPS).
- Contribute to the University and one's professional development in accordance to the Professor Guide to Excellence. Examples include the following (not limited to):
- Engage in scholarly activity, including course development, assessment support, and keeping up to date in one's field of study.
- Advising and mentoring of students.
- Advising and mentoring of Visiting Professors.
- Engagement and support for group programs and initiatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Masters Degree in Networking or Masters Degree in related field with 18 graduate hours in field being taught.
- Doctorate Degree in Networking or Doctorate Degree in related field with 18 graduate hours in field being taught.
- Two to five years previous teaching experience preferred.
- Three to five years of practiced experience in the field of Networking
- NET+ Certification or industry equivalent
- CCNA Certification or industry equivalent
- CCNP Certification or industry equivalent
- CCIE Certification or industry equivalent
- All Degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent.
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Managing Diversity
- Integrity and Trust
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Understanding Others
- Conflict Management
- Motivating Others